The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

Balls of Steel!

DarkReign2021
    Admin

Balls of Steel!

Post  DarkReign2021 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm

To those who might be interested, the Collectors Edition of Duke Nukem Forever was revealed a few days ago. Known as Balls of Steel, this package comes with a whole wealth of goodies.

Pre-ordering now (regular or Special Edition) gets you:

Duke's Big Package DLC Content

* Ego Boost: Pump Up Duke's Ego and increase his strength bar right from the beginning of the game.
    * Big Heads: Enjoy the laughs as you play through the game wondering how all your enemies keep them melons up.
    * Lady Killing War-Drobe: Customized collection offers a range of killer threads in multiplayer mode.

First Access Club

* Early Demo Access
    * Exclusive Assets
    * Developer Access
    * And more!

Purchasing of the BoS edition, listed at a moderately decent price range of $99.99 USD, nets you a nice bundle of goodies as well:

* Collectible bust of Duke Nukem
    * Numbered limited edition certificate of authenticity
    * 100-page hardcover book: History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
    * Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
    * Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
    * Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
    * Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
    * Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
    * Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
    * Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice

People are complaining about no exclusive in-game content, but I'm personally not a big fan of missing out on something just because I didn't pre-order or didn't shell out a shit load of money. So even though I'll be getting the BoS edition, I still maintain my stance on exclusive content.

[QUOTE=Scooter; Borderlands]Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon! That thing's a MONSTER![/QUOTE]
    Devil Mingy

Re: Balls of Steel!

Post  Devil Mingy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:04 pm

That is one kickass special edition. Not too bad of a price, either.

DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:16 pm

That's what I thought. For only an extra $40 I think the Bust alone woudl've justified the cost. Having the Art book and Comic come with it is icing on the cake (and the rest of it is the sprinkles. I'll take 'em, but I don't really care if I've got them or not.)

[QUOTE=Scooter; Borderlands]Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon! That thing's a MONSTER![/QUOTE]
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I've really enjoyed Special Editions nowadays, a definite improvement from the 2004-2006 era that was nothing more than an art book and a tin case.

Hell, I need to pick up Killzone 3's Helghast Edition to go with my Chief Helmet, though I'll probably wait until it's $50-60 (which, following the past Special Edition's decline in price, should be around August or September).

DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 pm

I dunno. I still kinda miss my Aluminum case. I'm still trying to find another copy of Halo 2 with a tin case. The ones I keep finding are rusted. I guess the material they used isn't standing up against time very well. It's weird, though, because my cases for Chaos Theory, Doom 3, and Perfect Dark Zero are all fine and they're not a whole lot older.

To this day, though, my favorite Collector's edition is the one for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It was only $80 and it cam with a coin from the games currency, a second disc with a making of video, and a hand-guide to the history of the continent, current events in the series, and breakdowns of every race in the game. Second place goes to Halo Reach for Dr. Halsey's journal and third to Halo 3 for the Eric Nylund Beastiary book (which I regrettably do not have since I have the Legendary issue with that stinking disc.

Basically, I like getting books with my games. It shows they put effort into the content and in my experience they're always well-written, so it wasn't just a rush job.

With that said, I'm looking forward to what they announce for Mass Effect 3. My hopes? Replica N7 Helmet and armor Very Happy I'll pay a couple hundred bucks for that easy. If they're gonna do it though, they better announce it soon so I can pre-order and start saving up for it.

Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Funny you should mention that; my UT2004 SE is getting a bit rusty, too. My Halo 2 LE is fine right now, though (as are my PDZ, Doom 3, and Gears). I guess it just depends on what metals they're using.

Still, the cases are a nice touch, but that was literally all the difference in some of those LE's. I like the newer ones (that give you at least an action figure a la Bioshock or Resistance 2) and the ludicrous expensive ones (Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Killzone 3).

My favorite is probably my Half-life 2 Special Edition, with the complete Half-life 1 experience, Prima guide, concept book, and T-shirt. It's a shame that I had to return my copy because they forgot to include the damn game in that box Sad

That'd be an awesome idea for ME3. They did mention that they want to do something special for its LE. However, the way EA is talking is making me think that most of the extra content on ME3's Special Edition will be digital. Sadly, we'll probably just get another comic that rapes the established storyline while somehow not giving us a better story. It seems to be Walters' favorite thing right now. I wasn't a big fan of Redemption, but I'd take it any day over what Evolution is giving us.

I'm more curious about what Gears 3 is going to come with. I got the Special Edition of Gears 2 at Amazon, which also gave me the full-size replica Lancer for an extra $60. I'm hoping for something equally ludicrous.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 am