The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

Does anyone have a capture card?

Matrix

Does anyone have a capture card?

Post  Matrix on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 pm

I'm thinking about posting videos and commentaries on youtube, and i'm wondering if anybody here has a capture card or if the know of any good/decent ones for cheap? I'm kind of limited on money (16 no job until the summer) I have about $100 but I want to buy bulletstorm and homefront, although they can wait if they have to. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be open to them, thanks.
    Devil Mingy

Re: Does anyone have a capture card?

Post  Devil Mingy on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:37 pm

If you're not too particular about HD capture (which are expensive and require your 360 to have HDMI and your TV to have HDMI in and out), the Pinnacle Video Transfer is great. While Amazon is currently out of stock of it, I'm sure other stores will have them (or just go to a similar product of a different banner).

Just out of curiosity, what kind of videos are you planning to do?

Matrix

Post  Matrix on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks I'll take a look at them. And I'm mostly going to do halo and call of duty gameplay with commentary. I'll also record anything that someone here needs me to like a campaign or something if necessary. I was looking at a dazzle that was about $60 which is in my budget range and since my TV has neither HDMI in or out and I don't have an HDMI cable in the first place then HD gameplay is out of the question for now.
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:29 pm

As nice as HD capture is, standard definition (since component capture cards are beyond rare) capture is still great quality, especially MPEG4. it really helps that neither Halo nor Call of Duty are specialized for HD (screw you to hell and back, EA!).

Part of me always wanted to do a Let's Play through the Halo trilogy in the vain of Evil Tim, but realize that I lacked the Cleese-esque wit (plus, nobody needs to endure the pain of watching me try to get through Halo 2 on Legendary).

Matrix

Post  Matrix on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Halo 2 legendary was only good for 2 things: the skulls which could be fun occasionally and practicing your swear words.
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:56 pm

I've seen some people that are really good at it, but I'm not one of them. The AI isn't as predictable as Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST (speaking nothing of Halo Wars) and the levels aren't as open ended as Halo 1 and Reach. Try as I might, my runs on Halo 2 Legendary consist of 76% dying, 20% hiding behind stuff as I BR/Carbine stuff, and 4% of dumb luck.

Plus, Let's Play's of today are glorified montages and speed runs. They don't show off the game as much as show off a player's "1337 skillz". Not that there's anything inherently wrong with flashy editing and excellent players, but I also wish that more LPs would really show what makes a game good/bad.

True to point, though, this is one of the reasons why Halo 2's Legendary is a bitch to LP. It's either a speedrun, a ridiculous amount of skill, or several minutes cowering behind cover.

</tangent rant>

Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Most are pretty much the same, I've seen. In case you're curious, I am uploading a short video to show the quality. It should be up shortly.

EDIT: It's up and processing here. Should be viewable within the hour

EDIT EDIT: For those who do not like Youtube for their Googley ways, a Daily Motion version is here

Last edited by Devil Mingy on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Once you get over the Jackal Snipers (and for me personally the Hunters) I didn't think Halo 2 was all that hard. A couple scenes that called for the Noob Combo, but for the most part just patience. As I recall, I had trouble with the two hangar bays on Cairo Station and a couple of the scenes on Gravemind (the Masoleum of the Arbiter was the main one.); Otherwise it was a cake-walk for me. Abd I'm prejudice against the BR, so I very rarely was caught using that thing.

[QUOTE=Scooter; Borderlands]Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon! That thing's a MONSTER![/QUOTE]

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:51 am