The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

Xbox Modification for the better

Shurimon13

Xbox Modification for the better

Post  Shurimon13 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:22 am

Just a thought. What if someone incorporated a CD-changer into an xbox 360?
    Matrix

Re: Xbox Modification for the better

Post  Matrix on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Me and my friend have said that forever. But, it probably won't happen anytime soon.
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:10 pm

I've considered the implementation of a CD-changer inside of consoles, but the problem is that would make the console a great deal larger than it already is. It would probably be close to the size of a PC tower (okay, exaggerated a little bit) and that wouldn't go over well with most gamers.

That said, I have always wanted something to hold my entire game collection without me having to get up or move. I like being able to download games over XBL and PSN, but I like having physical copies and having the ability to trade it in should I ever decide to do so. Games bought over the marketplace not only are yours forever, but they're also never competitively priced. It would be nice if I could somehow download the games to my HDD from a hard copy and have some sort of system that would tell the console you own the game without having to put anything in.

[QUOTE=Scooter; Borderlands]Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon! That thing's a MONSTER![/QUOTE]
    Matrix

Post  Matrix on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 pm

I do agree but the problem is you can justtrade it in and get your money back, or return it and do the same. As of now I like it the way it is although there are many modifications that can be made.
    PhantomFE

Post  PhantomFE on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:32 pm

DarkReign2021 wrote:I've considered the implementation of a CD-changer inside of consoles, but the problem is that would make the console a great deal larger than it already is. It would probably be close to the size of a PC tower (okay, exaggerated a little bit) and that wouldn't go over well with most gamers.

Beings how alot of gamers like to take their consoles and go, it would be too much of a hassle. Unless they made like a special home edition 360 with a two or three cd changer in it, maybe. It would be nice though, ive only been playing two games lately, and i dont take it anywhere. So i would happily sacrifice a small, sleek design for a slightly larger one with a changer in it.
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Post  DarkReign2021 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Oh I would definitely take a huge bulking thing over tiny and sleek if it means having a CD changer. I would be all for a 100+ CD changer, but seeing as how gamers don't commonly play more than 5 or 6 games at a time on average, Im thinking maybe a 10-disc changer would suffice (good for people like me who are fickle. I own almost 120 physical games for my xbox and 360, but I only really play 10 or so at a time consistently.

With the advancements that are being made with online services and features, I'm thinking online streaming may be the future of videogames. If any of you have heard of OnLive, it;s the newest gaming device to try and win the hearts of gamers everywhere. And it might just win.

OnLive is a device that you hook up to your computer or (later on) your TV and it will allow you to buy games over an online service from their library. These games, instead of downloading to a harddrive, will actually stream from the enormous server warehouse that the company maintains and you will be able to play these games in realtime without the major limitations of gaming today. For instance, my computer struggles to play Halo PC; However, since OnLive streams through their own servers and hardware, I would be able to play Crysis on my computer at max settings without even a hiccup. In other words, you will never have to buy another console or upgrade another PC again. The only downfall is the monthly fee to use OnLive, but we already do that with XBL anyway.
    '
    Unfortunately with this service you won't be able to own physical copies, but I think there's an option to rent games anyway, so you won't even have to pay full price for a game unless you choose to. Beyond that it's just a matter of getting developers to support it. From what I hear a lot of big names like Ubisoft, EA, and Activision are already behind it. The only major issue is getting MS, Nintendo, and Sony on the bandwagon, but that's not likely since they would rather support their own consoles.

[QUOTE=Scooter; Borderlands]Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon! That thing's a MONSTER![/QUOTE]
    PhantomFE

Post  PhantomFE on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm

id only need a 3 disk changer, if that. Farcry 2, Lego Star Wars (for my son) and COD.

thats tight. i would loooove to get that. what kind of controller does it use? does it have online multiplayer with someone on a 360 or PS3?

Update: Oh, i just thought of something, what about an external cd changer? that would seem easier to use, even to the traveling gamer.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 am