The one-stop shop for all of your Halo needs

I'm going to be making a 1:1 scale replica of the battle rifle.

Matrix

I'm going to be making a 1:1 scale replica of the battle rifle.

Post  Matrix on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:52 pm

My teacher is a halo fan, so when I asked him after finishing a project to make it but he said I couldn't because I was ky in regular wood tech and a whole bunch of other reasons I'm too lazy to recall. This was my freshman year of high school so when choosing my classes I chose advanced wood tech and sadly I didn't get it. Sophmore year I highly overemphasized the importance of me getting advanced wood tech. I got it. So in January when we start the second semester it will be me and 5 other people making stuff we could dream of out of wood. My teacher said I had the potential to make it and approved me for the class. I have the 1:20 scale model but the barrel is broken Mad So if anyone could help if they have it and post some barrel measurements to the nearest 16th of an inch ( length, width, height, the same 3 for the forward and backward sections ( where it's divided I could get a little more detailed on what I mean if you don't understand ) and where the lower and upper section go into the gun and finally the same 3 basic measurements for the lower part of the barrel once again I could be more specific if needed.) I may need to ask these requests somewhere else if none of you have it but thanks anyway. Sorry I'm just rambling now I'll continue.

I was also going to post pictures of my weekly progress if you guys care enough would you like to see this or just the finished project. Also if j finish this with Enough time to spare to make another weapon what do you think I should make I already made a M6G and the energy sword. Any suggestions would be appreciated I'll make another topic with a picture of those two because I don't believe I have yet, unless no one cares.

Well thank you for reading my little tidbit on the great wall of china thank you and have a nice day.
    DarkReign2021
    Admin

Re: I'm going to be making a 1:1 scale replica of the battle rifle.

Post  DarkReign2021 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Bring it on. You've got my attention and I want to see it done Very Happy Maybe you could make two. I'll buy one off of you (Probably going to look into a way to make/buy/have made the armor I use in Halo: Reach, so it'd be awesome to have a gun to go along with it.)

Why the BR though? Why not the DMR? Maybe it's just me, but I thought the detail and build of the DMR was a lot cooler than the BR. More doohickeys and such.

[QUOTE=Scooter; Borderlands]Smokin' Jesus Titty Cinnamon! That thing's a MONSTER![/QUOTE]
    Matrix

Post  Matrix on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Well for one I prefer the Look of the battle rifle, even though the DMR is cool. Also I've wanted to make the battle rifle for a while. If I have the time I was thinking of whether I should make the DMR or sniper. I may end up making the DMR. I'll probaly start mid to late January so I'll start postage updates around then. Also I may make a second next year. If I do you'll be first on my list Very Happy
    Devil Mingy

Post  Devil Mingy on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Quite an ambitious project. I can't wait to see it.

Also, while I can't help much with the dimensions of the barrel (I'm trying to locate a good version of the Halo 2 BR model on Halomaps, but am unsuccessful so far), this gives a good indication of the length of the barrel (good enough for 1/16 of an inch, anyhow).

Matrix

Post  Matrix on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks a lot Mingy and if you can find anything please let me know. Also, I'm using the halo 3 scale model I'm not sure if the halo 2 differs visually at all but thanks for at least trying I appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 am